Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Subtitle Release (28/02/2016) - Episode 44 Drama Making Special - Next Subtitle Release (March) - EP30 (Kimchi Making Special)
Welcome to Dirty Dangerous Difficult- Infinity Challenge(무한도전) Fan Club - DDD Infinity Challenge English Subtitle Team . We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

You must read and reply to the rules thread (http://dddfanclub.com/forum/59002/) to able to see our full range of soft subtitles and other content

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Park Myung Soo Thread; All about Park Myung Soo
Topic Started: Dec 26 2010, 04:42 AM (25,021 Views)
ZiyaadXD
Member Avatar
JHD's Orange Gang Of Silver Cutlassfish Suits
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well....it's about time. He's my favourite member and god dammit....he deserves a thread! Well, all of them deserve threads, but PMS, he should have had one earlier, lol. I'll post some stuff soon.

Posted Image
Name: Park Myung Soo
DOB: 1970 August 27th
Height/Weight: 173cm /60kg
Blood Type: A Type
Agency: Big Star Entertainment
Family Relations: Oldest of 2 Brothers
Spouse: Han Soo Min (Doctor), Daughter: Park Min Seo
School: Konghang (Airport) High School
Debut: 1993 MBC Gag Contest
Currently Appearing : Infinity Challenge(MBC), Happy Together S.3 (KBS2),
Hot Brothers (MBC, Sunday Night), 2 O'clock's Date with Park Myung Soo (MBC FM Radio, daily), 100 Out Of 100 (KBS)

Awards List :
2005 MBC Ent. Awards - Popular Actor of Show Variety
2006 18th Korean Boardcast Director Awards - Comedian
2006 MBC Ent. Awards - Best Actor of Show Variety
2007 MBC Ent. Awards - The Grand Prize (as Team, Infinity Challenge)
2008 44th Baeksang Art Awards - TV Variety Actor
2008 89th National Athletic Competition - Aerobic Amateur Club 6-People
2nd place (with Infinity Challengemembers)
2009 MBC Act Awards - Good (MC) of Radio
2010 MBC Ent Awards - Bizarre Award
2010 MBC Ent Awards - Variety Top Excellence Award For Males
2010 KBS Ent Awards - Best Entertainer Award

Credits:DDDsubbers and Ckcjms
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rayevang
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
oh~~

here's a song from Park Myung Soo that I absolutely love!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwAcEZj-BRE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Mochi.yam
Member Avatar
Haha's Reporting Team
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Park Myungsoo and Photographer Oh Joongseok

Posted Image

cr: OJS's twitter

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
lol that's from the Tough Guy Photoshoot right?

Another bit of interesting relations,, i was watching one of the older WGM episodes and the photographer that did the wedding shot for the Adam Couple in Bali was Oh Jong Suk =D

Mochi.yam
Member Avatar
Haha's Reporting Team
yup.. thats from the though guy photoshoot.. :)

Wow..He must be a famous photographer in Korea.. He tweeted a picture of him and Taeho PD (the one that Taeho PD peek from a big white box) not long ago..

fyi: OJS's twitter @geniusoh

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yeah i heard that he is a relatively famous photographer in Korea, seen his name mentioned quite a few times here and there.

The other photographers that were on the IC Calender Shoot are also supposed to be pretty famous as well.

and now for a few pictures~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

raine22
No Avatar
God Of Variety
Oh wow, my fave Ahjusshi has a thread...I am pleased....and hope he wins something tonight at MBC Ent Awards!!

Posted Image

raine22
No Avatar
God Of Variety
Anyone else watching 100 out of 100, otherwise known as Oh My School? It;s really really funny. PMS and Park Kyung Lim (missed her so much) and Tony An are the hosts. Showing on KBS World

Bollocks
Member Avatar
Infinity Church Of Jae Suk Bishop
quick question about PMS... does he have 2 managers? I remember from one of the older episodes that 1 of them is called Manager Jung and of course we all know the famous Kyung Ho/Mickey.

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
He had a transition period when he had 2 managers.

Manager Jung (Who now seems to be Jung Ka Eun's Manager, or that's the last place i've seen him) and Kyung Ho

Right now, he just seems to have Mickey

Mochi.yam
Member Avatar
Haha's Reporting Team
Posted Image

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=muhan...830&page=2&bbs=

taegoon
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
love him in happytogether s3...hope can see him in infinity chalenge also he3 :)

sunny_dance
No Avatar
Park Min Seo

Posted Image

revolution
Member Avatar
The Myung Soo Devil Church Member
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I like his comedy style and i love him in IC and happy together S3.

I wish i could see him in SBS Night After Night with subs.

revolution
Member Avatar
To add on, That's a cute picture of him and his daughter.

By the way, how long has he been married?

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
It's been about 3 years now, the first person to get married within the IC members as well

sheena
Member Avatar
It looks like IC member have a celebration of his wedding but I don't know which episode is.
Posted Image

timpa
No Avatar
[ * ]
I was watching Showbiz Korea (an english show produced by Arirang which airs on different channels worldwide) and I saw a press conference for the Smurfs 3d movie in Korea and surprise surprise.

Guess who's voicing Gargamel for the Korean language version? haha. Mr. Big Star himself!

Talk about perfect casting. I still remember when different IC members were dressed up as Smurfs and of course PMS was dressed up as Gargamel a few years ago.

revolution
Member Avatar
Can anyone help translate and summarise what PMS did in this article.
http://www.unionpress.co.kr/news/detail.ph...thread=03r03r01

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
That's an article about the Chuseok Special Program "Star Auction Show" where stars come out and auction off their personal items for charity.

PMS is auctioning off some IC items for that show

soapland
No Avatar
[ * ]
he is a famous photographer in Korea, I have seen his name mentioned quite a few times here and there.

The other photographers that were on the IC Calender Shoot are also supposed to be pretty famous as well.

sunny_dance
No Avatar
saw the chuseok look-alike special and wow... what a blessing and a curse to be PMS's doppelganger. LOL.

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
ahahahaahaha.

It's amazing how many people look like PMS thou, there was that guy that came on IC before for a really old Chuseok special

revolution
Member Avatar
Just watch some episodes where Bada was a guest. Wanna ask why she is known as Park Myung Soo's natural enemy?

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
PMS is known for being weak towards strong willed women and since Bada is quite strong willed, he is quite careful around her.

It's also why he is scared of certain senior female comedians like Lee Kyung Shil

sheena
Member Avatar
the Happy Togerther ep with Lee Kyung Shil is hilarious! PMS is the funniest! :D
Posted Image

serenithie
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hi everyone! May I join the conversation about my favorite ajusshi?

I've been on hook with Park Myung Soo since his x-men era. During that time there were 3 big names in one nest, Yoo Jae Suk, Kang Ho Dong and Park Myung Soo. Dunno if someone familiar with this show... Out of respect with all Ho Dong fans, I found his jokes as somewhat not funny almost irritating. Yoo Jae Suk was pretty funny but he didn't make so much remarks by his own, yet he is the fastest in picking up people comments and twist it up to funny situation. PMS makes me laughed until I cried when he makes silly remarks or even when his jokes are so dry (and he is shocked by his own that it's not working):'D

Basically since then I favor any show with PMS, and now I am an avid fan of anything with combi YJS and PMS. I am not really sure why.... it feels like their jokes flow perfectly. People said that PMS shows are failure without YJS, I believe it's not the truth. On the other hand, if you notice carefully, YJS is always at ease when PMS is with him. I remembered in Family Outing, I sensed that there is a burden for YJS to make things funny, and at certain point I felt tired watching him tiring himself on the show (maybe that's why he quitted FO). Yoon Jong Shin was brilliant in the beginning of FO (but also start getting tired on the later episodes), he somewhat filing in the role of PMS, one that YJS nitpicking.

I could go and on and on and make a thesis about Park Myung Soo...

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
Well to be honest, PMS's solo programs have never really lasted for that long.

There was Jipijigi, Brain Survivor, Goesung Show, Hot Brothers, Night after night and none of them lasted for more than 6 months.

The thing with PMS is that he is really funny, he is a really good comedian, but he lacks some of the MC prowess that YJS has.

On the other hand, YJS is a great MC but lacks some of the brute force humour that PMS has.

It's probably why they seem to suit each other soo well, they complement each other, filling in gaps that the other has.

YJS never seems to be as funny unless he is with either Kim Won Hee on Come to Play or PMS as a partner.

But for Kang Ho Dong, well he always did much better working by himself. The only time he really needed a partner was in X-man and Kkung Kkung Da, and in both it was YJS doing what PMS is doing right now with YJS, being the funny guy.

serenithie
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
True about the fact that YJS and PMS completed each other and together they make awesome shows.

I am not aware of Jipijigi, Brain Survivor and Goesung Show. CMIIW, Night after night was sort of forced ended due to DaeSung case and hot brothers was a great show, it just that there is a kind of bad relation between PMS and Kim Gura, as Kim Gura supposed to be the MC but he is not comfortable with Myung Soo... So, actually it's not necessarily true that PMS is the one who jinxed the show. Maybe this is just how I see it, enlighten please...

I know that this is not a thread about Family Outing, but since Myung Soo is still in context I'll continue to blaber (sorry about that).
FO is one variety show that is very pity pity pity to get ended, I'm talking about FO1 now, FO2 is not countable since it doesn't hold a candle with the predecessor. When they change YeJin and ChunHee, I was hoping "YESH this is the time of PMS to butt in". Can you believe how great will it be with JaeSuk, MyungSoo and JongShin plus Hyori? Perhaps it's only in my point of view, but if MyungSoo enters, I think he will bring the show on different level.

I just hope they will never ever change the cast of Infinity Challenge. Right now is perfect. Well.. maybe HaHa and Gil can spice up a bit :P I will be doomed if this show ended...

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
I liked Hot Brothers, it wasn't a bad show. I wouldn't blame it all on Kim Gura and Park Myung Soo thou.

They actually worked quite well, you had one person that was fairly serious and one that was more impulsive.

The bigger issue with that program was Tak Jae Hoon and Park Myung Soo. They were both similar in terms of character and both extremely talented, so they were fighting over the same amount of air time. That show failed because it's line up was too top heavy.

There was too many good guys up top (Kim Gura, Tak Jae Hoon and Park Myung Soo) and no-one in the middle to prop them up. Everyone else in the team was relatively low ranking and lacking in any sort of major character.

I really don't think PMS would have worked on Family Outing, he would have been fighting for YJS's attention with Lee Hyori and that would have been chaotic. Not to mention he's not the type of person that would work with any of the other members on FO. None of them really suits PMS's character. And also PMS never really does SBS programs for some reason, so he would have never joined FO anyway.

figarofigaro
No Avatar
Jjully Jjang's Minors
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Did PMS go through a period of metal poisoning? I was watching the IC TV special today and Hongchul kept bringing it up during their Drunken Master parody, which was hilarious btw. I had to pause so many times because I was practically dying from laughter.

Adding to the chorus of discussions... I thought NAN was decent but the editing style threw me off. The show felt really packed and it was just one host trying to outdo the other host the entire time. Sometimes their jokes fell short and it was tiring to watch them go off at one another. Btw is there some bad blood between Kim Gura and Myungsoo?

serenithie, I think we have about the same tastes because I cannot stand Kang Hodong. He is so obnoxious and unfunny. (That said, I'm not gloating over his retirement either.) PMS is also my favourite Korean comedian but I don't watch every programme of his. I think these company execs got to start realising that PMS can't be the main MC of a show. He sounds and behaves so oddly when he's required to act all decent. Plus, he can't make the show flow smoothly without it feeling it awkward. Memories of him MC-ing All My School still haunts me... He's still the best to me compared to other "cynical style" comedians because he's so witty with his adlibs.

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
Oh god...All My School...and here i thought i had wiped that show off my memory banks...eh...

It says a lot about the show when the most interesting point of that show was when PMS wasn't doing anything. That show would have been hard to watch if it wasn't for the fact i'm a bit of Simon D and Secret Fan.

I think PMS still has chrome/metal poisoning to a certain degree, he still mentioned it at least up until early this year.

No bad blood between Kim Gura and Myung Soo, it's just their styles clash a bit.

Gura is more of a logical thinker, that doesn't like doing things impromtu while Myung Soo just says whatever is in his mind and likes things done rapidly and without warning.

Just a clash of styles.

figarofigaro
No Avatar
Jjully Jjang's Minors
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I love SsamD too. I'm so glad that Hot Brothers brought him into the world of variety otherwise I would have never known he was this funny.

What happened that got him poisoned?

I like that about Myungsoo actually. When he pulls random stunts like that, he expects someone to play off him or reign him in and it seems like only Jaesuk gets his shtick (and to a certain extent, Park Miseon).

serenithie
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
So my dear Lordbordem, since I'm not korean and I can not always catch up about my favorite ajusshi, would you like to explain tidbit to me about this Taek Jae Hoon and Myung Soo issue? And also why Myung Soo doesn't really appear on SBS? Just reply me when you are on it.. I'm just curious. Don't really agree with you about FO though, but oh well.. For me Myung Soo ajusshi is the only Hallyu star that I will ever fell in love with.

I'm soooo obsessed with PMS that right now I try to collect screencaps of him drolling. May I post his drolling screencaps here?

Figaro, ikr...... Now that everyone is trashing Ho Dong, I actually defended him in a human perspective (since I was never a fan). I don't hate Ho Dong, just his jokes.
Devils unite! :D I am glad I'm not the crazy one loving on PMS. Since whenever I said I love PMS, all of my koreans aqquintance just look at me weirdly.

Is there is any way or idea how to make a crew of Infinity Challenge join this forum? It will be nice if this forum is getting attention from them...

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
@Figaro

Not sure when he got poisoned but he's had it for years now but he also has a severe pimple issue, so i think his skin is just naturally a bit bad.

@serenithie

Not a problem per say, it's just that PMS and Tak Jae Hoon is pretty similar in character and skill that they tend to fill the same character gap for a program.

So having both of them in a program might sound like a good idea but they just end up working by themselves and not working together, thus fighting over the same little amount of air time.

It's like having the two world's best players in the same sports team and they happen to play in the same position, you want to please both of them and play them both at the same time, which wouldn't work because having two really good people playing at the same time in the same position would just cause them to fight amongst each other.

There is no bad blood between them thou, they are just too good and too similar to be on the same show.

As to why he doesn't appear on SBS lately, not sure really but he definitely doesn't appear on SBS a lot, last show was Night after Night and before that was several years back i think.

Yeah, didn't think you would agree with my FO, but PMS really doesn't work with strong willed ladies like Lee Hyori, and like that Tak Jae Hoon example above, if PMS did join FO, he would be fighting over air time with Yoon Jong Shin, or worse case scenario, he completely buries Yoon Jong Shin and he becomes irrelevant.

It really wouldn't have worked no matter how good it looks on paper.

lol no reason why we can't have pictures of him drooling around here, doesn't break any rules.

Anyway to get the IC crew to come over? If our forum becomes really popular then i guess it would just happen naturally, they at the very least know we exist since we gave them the fan book but i think we are still wayy too small for them to notice.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Member Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: