Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Subtitle Release (28/02/2016) - Episode 44 Drama Making Special - Next Subtitle Release (March) - EP30 (Kimchi Making Special)
Welcome to Dirty Dangerous Difficult- Infinity Challenge(무한도전) Fan Club - DDD Infinity Challenge English Subtitle Team . We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

You must read and reply to the rules thread (http://dddfanclub.com/forum/59002/) to able to see our full range of soft subtitles and other content

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
K - Variety Thread; General K - Variety Discussions
Topic Started: Oct 4 2010, 05:09 AM (25,279 Views)
lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Discuss General K - Variety Here~
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

zazawa
Member Avatar
Gil's Cameos
[ *  *  * ]
ok.. so let me start first?
Anybody watch heroes ? i think its a great variety with the main focus on the girls, this somewhat remind me of infinity challenge, but a milder version, they do less extreme stuff with women! :)
Posted Image
Fany calling for you~

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
lol we actually already have a fairly active Heroines thread here =)
http://z7.invisionfree.com/DDDteam/index.php?showtopic=65

zazawa
Member Avatar
Gil's Cameos
[ *  *  * ]
oh ops...sry >_> coz this is general i thot we can discuss this like how the k-music were discussed...
Posted Image
Fany calling for you~

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
yep we can, i'm just saying that there is a much more detailed section for Heroines since it has NHC in it =)

This is really for variety shows that don't have an IC member involved =)

monkiesxrule
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
let's see... i like:
1) 1 Night 2 Day
2) Strong Heart
3) Invincible Youth
4) Star Golden Bell

antisobriety
Member Avatar
The Myung Soo Devil Church Member
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hmm the only variety shows i watch that don't have IC members in it are Dream Team and Idol Army/Every1 Idol Show whenever they decide to do new seasons. Side note I'd love to see the IC guys do an episode of Dream Team.
Bbyong!

rayevang
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ooh~ i do enjoy Qualities of a Man / Qualifications of Men quite a bit too!
esp. the recent choir ones were good~

xxramencupxx
No Avatar
JHD's Orange Gang Of Silver Cutlassfish Suits
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lack of subs and idols always prevented me from watching QM XD. I really like 1N2D (but I missed the last 8 ones but I think I'll watch them during vacation), Running Man and Strong Hearts beside IC. Mostly, I watch the ones with idols because it's easier to find subs for that :P.

I'm totally looking forward to "Oh my school" and the one with Kim Jaedong (he's the reason, why I watched SGB. It became boring without him T_T).

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
Eh~ don't really like Strong Heart, it's one of those talk shows that seem designed just to generate headlines rather than be an actual interesting talk show.

I can figure out when it's a Tuesday just by looking at the Daum Search Rankings.
It's always <Someone's shocking revelation> <Someone Cries> <Someone Scandal> etc etc and it all links back to Strong Heart.

Loved watching Kim Sung Woo's Win Win the last couple weeks, some awesome guests the last couple weeks (Kim Jae Dong's episode was absolutely brilliant and the Sung Dong Il's episode was pretty good as well)

xxhuntressxx
Member Avatar
JHD's Orange Gang Of Silver Cutlassfish Suits
[ *  *  *  * ]
the variety shows that i used to watch/still watch
1N2D - got distracted by FO so wasn't really able to watch episodes near Kim C's departure and after it, but I'm slowly catching up. It's kinda sad though that they only have 5 members now, It isn't as much fun as I remember it to be (specially with MC Mong gone)

Star King - Used to watch it, but since they changed the format, haven't really paid attention to it (before it was a show about really talented people, now it became like, sorry to say it, a freak show of some sort :()

Strong Heart - Had high hopes for this show, not watching it now, coz it's like the same old thing over and over again just with different faces.

Golden Fishery/무릎팍 도사 - Enjoy watching this show, specially if the guest is interesting (for me), my favorite sort of recent episode was Kim Yuna's and Tiger JK's.

Star Golden Bell - Since KJD left I stopped watching (I think I tried to watch the new one, but wasn't really interested)

Qualifications of Men - Just recently watched it because of the choir episodes and loved it, I'm trying to find other episodes and hopefully I'll enjoy it too.

antisobriety
Member Avatar
I just started Qualifications of Men right before the choir episode so I still haven't had enough time to register an opinion yet but so far I like it.
Bbyong!

pk102938
No Avatar
[ * ]
I love any show thats funny..which depends on the mc (usuaklly jae suk)
and any show which has a guest which is funny or interesting..doesnt have to be an idol for me...but the problem is I have to find english subs and it limits me to watch a show that i want :(
for example I really want to watch win win with KJD and Kim soroo...but I wont understand :(

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
Not often that i update this threa

anyway the following KBS variety programs are now going to be cancelled, with most having their last recordings within the week and off the air by the end of the year or early next year

Nocturnal
Invincible Baseball Team
Invincible Youth

Invincible Baseball Team will be replaced by a variety program involving Celebrities who have finished their national services called "We have received our orders"

Source:
http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...&RIGHT_ENTER=R7

http://media.daum.net/entertain/others/vie...9034&p=starnews

Jeez, KBS thanks, what a way to bring the Christmas period by getting rid of your variety programs for Friday and Saturday

Mehness
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
I heard that Invincible Youth will have a second season, which could possibly have some male cast members too, source AKP (which may or may not be reliable lol)

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yeah i heard that they might do a 2nd season next year, no real details at the moment thou and it's not really certain at this point as well.

Not sure what i think about a season 2 for this thou, season 2s for shows never tended to be as great =(

Dazzleddreams
Member Avatar
[ * ]
hey do you guys watch running man? mc is yoo jaesuk-ssi!!
o.o it's kind of entertaining, not as extreme as infinity challenge but at some points you can feel very excited ( the catching portion ) apart from that... some parts are relatively boring. <_<

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yep we have some heated discussions in our dedicated Running Man thread here ^^

http://z7.invisionfree.com/DDDteam/index.php?showtopic=17

antisobriety
Member Avatar
Yes we do featuring episode reviews, criticisms, and suggestions to the PD's lol
Bbyong!

myone248
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I want to watch 'Actress Butler' but I don't know where to watch it with english sub! I've been searching for a long time! anyone know where to watch it with english sub?

sharks
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
my favorite all time k-variety show is 1N2D, although i miss mc mong and kim c like crazy, and now apparently seungi is enlisting soon??

i also recently started to love qualifications of men. it would always come on before 1N2D, but i never watched it because it didnt have subs, but they started subbing it (KBS) so i've been watching it a lot. its kind of like infinity challenge for old men, but they do less crazy things (sometimes haha).

i fell in love with running man maybe about a month ago, but i think recently its been getting less fun... the segments are kind of repetitive in a bad way (especially the 1 vs. 8/9 challenges, they arent that fun), but i do love the hide and seek game, it never gets boring :) i also think that the "love line" thing is kind of old, and i dont really enjoy it, but i guess other people do.

i havent really watched invincible youth, but i dont think im interested enough to watch it, since its full of female idols (or am i thinking of something else?). i guess i'm just tired of seeing idols everywhere u__u

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
Actually Invincible Youth is quite good despite it's completely idol based member line, most of the girls were the type that wasn't that popular within their groups when the show started so the show had none of the artificial feel to it.
it's definitely a good show =)

antisobriety
Member Avatar
I actually liked Invincible youth because it stayed true to it's format until the end.

Side note Running Man finally did something I enjoyed KJK hit parade featuring HaHa and YJS
Bbyong!

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yeah i liked the format of IY as well, it was a nice program to watch on the Friday time slot.

Ah that's this one with Kim Byung Man right? i'm looking forward to watching that soon since i'm a Kim Byung Man fan =D

antisobriety
Member Avatar
Yup it's the Byung Man episode. I've seen him on Dream Team s2 and he's like a ninja amazing to watch
Bbyong!

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yeah Byung Man is an absolute beast.

I watch him more on Gag Concert where he does his "The Master" special, where he comes out and claims he is a master of something every week.

He's done soo many things...just an amazing guy =D

liului12
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
I always get thrilling watching Byung Man 's perform on Dream Team.
Just finish watching episode 64, http://pikeyenny.wordpress.com/2011/02/06/...glish-subtitle/ he is also doing well.

sunny_dance
No Avatar
Infinity Church Of Jae Suk Bishop
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
recently started watching 1N2D again. the foreign workers special they had was one of the best eps they've done. it's amazing how well-matched the cast were to their partners, all that just by picking at random.

liului12
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
1N2D is my fav show before but I stopped watching 1N2D after changing to IC. I prefer qualification of man to 1N2D. Maybe I'm just the type to like cahllenge.

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
It's a shame that Heroines in being cancelled, i really liked that program

From what i've been reading up on, it looks like it might be replaced by either a Kim Yeon Ah Audition Program (Figureskating Audition Program) or a Talent Audition Program Called <Miraculous Auditions>

All the Korean Broadcasters seem to have a strange attraction to audition programs recently after Super Star K took off, much to my annoyance...i avoided Australian TV because i couldn't stand watching "Insert Country" Idol and Big Brother -.-"

sunny_dance
No Avatar
It's a shame that MBC's I Am A Singer is going on hiatus next month. I love the show, there's nothing like it. I didn't agree with the PD bending the rules, but I thought it was really scary that netizens had him fired from his job. That just isn't right. Whatever the term reorganization means in the variety world, i just hope the new PD doesn't stray too far away from the show's original concept. :unsure:

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
A month hiatus and i'm presuming they are going to change around the rules quite a bit, i'm guessing they will change around the whole "Come 7th and get eliminated" rule a bit to be more along the "get a 2nd attempt" rule.

The new PD is a fairly experienced PD, having done Guerrilla Concert and was the PD up until recently for "Come to Play" so i have high expectations for him.

The biggest issue is, will singers even come out on the show now, especially after all these ordeals?
They couldn't even get Idol groups to fill in since that would be suicidal for both the show and idol group.

The PD did get "fired" but the day before that, he did mention that he would take responsibility and leave the show if that's what was needed, so in most aspects it's probably a mutual agreement to hand over rather than a straight firing.
In the end, it was somewhat deserved.... he changed the rules suddenly and without much warning.
They kept going on about how singers would be eliminated right from the outset, but then when they moment came they wavered and suddenly changed the rule.
They lied to the audience and they lied to the voting audience, the audience would have voted with the presumption that whoever they voted for could be eliminated. By changing the rules they just invalidated the votes and made them worthless, and therefore making the voters worthless.
The PD should have put his foot down and said no, but he succumbed to pressure and changed the rules...

sunny_dance
No Avatar
Hearing that the new PD has experience dealing with a music-themed show puts me at ease, now knowing he's done Guerilla Concert and the music specials i've seen on Come To Play. I really loved CTP's Chinese New Year's special by the way. That was really nice, even more enjoyable watching live on TV and with friends.

I didn't like that either when they suddenly changed the rules. The PD wasn't thinking with his head, but with his heart on that one to suddenly give Kim Gun Mo another chance. Though it did seem like the cast and crew geniunely felt sorry for Kim Gun Mo, but Kim Gun Mo should've followed the rules too. I think at one point he did say forget it or something along those lines, but he took the second chance anyway. i hope the whole fiasco didn't taint Kim Gun Mo's reputation though.

I'm kind of worried the original cast might get replaced or they might voluntarily leave the show. A month's hiatus is a long time. They could be thinking of or preparing new material, releasing albums, going on tours and such that they wouldn't have time or be available for the show anymore.

lordbordem
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yeah the new years special (Ceste Bong Special) was great on CTP and i'm hoping "I'm a singer" goes along that route as well.

Yeah the best option would have been for Kim Gun Mo to have rejected the 2nd attempt option, that way the new rule would have been introduced but not used so that it could debated a bit and Kim Gun Mo could have looked like a great guy that accepted his weaknesses and moves on.

I saw a great quote from a reporter a few days back along the lines of

"If the staff had rejected it, Kim Gun Moo would have been cool, Kim Jae Dong would been kind, Lee Sora would have been delicate and the staff would have looked firm. It could have become the world's best program by gaining prestige for eliminating even Kim Gun Mo"

But now

"It has been changed so that it looks like Kim Gun Mo is foolish, Kim Jae Dong is meddlesome and Lee Sora is a crybaby"
and
"The meaning of 1st place disappears, the Judging panel is made to look like idiots, the program is in a mess and the viewers are angry"

and then said

"Even if Kim Gun Mo got eliminated, everyone knows that he is a good singer"
"Instead it would have been good if they had prepared a goodbye stage for Kim Gun Mo"

Source:
http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view...1105377&p=segye

The reporter that said this was Kim Oh Jun, and he was one of the phone calls during the End Of Year Settlement special (He is the head of department for Ddangi News)

I think Kim Gun Mo was just forced due to peer pressure, everyone was depressed and so he thought reattempting it would be good to cheer them up.
It did show that he was seriously contemplating not doing it since it would be bad in the brief behind the scenes section they showed.

Yeah the cast issue is a bit worrying and i'm not sure Lee Sora would even want to appear anymore but we'll have to see.

kembokecik
No Avatar
[ * ]
did anybody here know where to download or watch hahamong show??

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · K-Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: